FSSAI Food License
FSSAI registration or license is required for all entities involved in the production, distribution and transportation of food products
Basic Registration: Rs.5500 only ( All Inclusive )
State Registration: Rs.11000 only ( All Inclusive )
Central Registration: Rs.19000 only( All Inclusive )
FSSAI application code in 7 days & license in 30-60 days
FSSAI is an abbreviation used for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI license is mandatory before starting any food business. All the manufacturers, traders, restaurants who are involved in food business must obtain a 14-digit registration or a license number which must be printed on food packages.
This step is taken by government to ensure that food products undergo certain quality checks, thereby reducing the instances of adulteration, substandard products and improve accountability of manufacturers.
Digital Document Preparation
- Declaration form
- Authority letter
- Copy of Property paper (If owned property)
- Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property)
- Food Safety Management System plan or certificate
- Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card of Proprietor/ Partners/ Director
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution
Additional Documents for Manufacturer:
- Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit
- List of Equipment and Machinery
- List of food category desired to be manufactured
- Pesticide residues report of water
- Upload Production unit photograph
– This is required for small business or startups which have annual turnover below Rs.12 lakhs. Basic registration can be upgraded to state license as your sales graph increases.
FSSAI State license
– This license is applicable to mid-sized companies which have annual turnover between Rs.12-20 crores.
FSSAI Central license
– This license is applicable typically on large business with annual turnover above Rs.20 crores. It is also required in cases where you need to supply at the government offices or import / export food products.
Fill FSSAI form A on FSSAI website and make the payment for FSSAI application at the FBO nearby your locality.
Once the payment confirmation is reflected in your FSSAI account, you need to file Form B with the government. There are multiple declarations and resolutions that need to be filed with your application. E.g., board resolution, owner self-declaration. These declarations should ideally be prepared by a company secretary.
You will then need to follow-up with the government department for an update on your application. The government may send back your application for edits – if you fail to respond with 15 days of the application, then your application will be rejected.
The government department will take 45-60 working days to completely review your application and approve the same.
The 14-digit number provides information about the manufacturer’s license or registration details and the manufacturing state.
The Brand owner shall display the FSSAI logo and his license number on the label of food package.
In case of imported food products, the importer shall display FSSAI logo and license number along with the name and address of importer on a sticker to be affixed before customs clearance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FSSAI license can be renewed 30 days before the expiry of original license. You need to provide your current license number to LegalRaasta team. We will re-file the Form A and form B for renewal of the application / license. It typically takes 30-40 for renewal of the license. The government fee is same for renewal as for new license issue.
You will need a Central License for the registered office of your company and individual state licenses for each manufacturing unit in particular states.
Yes, FSSAI license is mandatory for both export and import of food products. You will need to apply for FSSAI Central License for your export unit.
Yes, you will be required to obtain a central license from the address contained in Import Export Code. For import export FSSAI central license is mandatory.
Yes, all catering establishments, even those under central Government such as Railways, Airport, Seaport, and Defense etc. will have to get a license from FSSAI. In most cases, such establishments need to get FSSAI central license
Yes, FSSAI license is required for any type of food activities including manufacturing, trading, distribution and transportation. Therefore, you shall need a license from FSSAI too.
Even if the warehouses are located in the same city but different location then a separate license for each location is required. However, if multiple warehouses are on the same campus, a single license is applicable with campus address.